Gunman Chronicals 1.1.1.2 patch RC 1

Get the latest Pre-Releases and Betas of our projects here.
Forum rules
NOTE: Beta and Release Candidate versions do not represent the stability and amount of features, fixes and improvements of the final. If you have discovered a bug, please use the contact page or create a topic in the Help & Support section.

Gunman Chronicals 1.1.1.2 patch RC 1

Postby ben5015se » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:38 am

[size=18]Release Notes[/size]

Code: Select all
Steamless CS Project
www.steamlessproject.nl

Version 1.1.1.2
Public RC1

Release Notes

CONTENTS

i. Changelog

ii. Release Notes
iia. Launching the game
iib. Activating the Enhanced Graphics engine (EGC)
iic. Transparency fix
iid. Launching a listen server
iie. Launching a dedicated server

iii. Support

i. CHANGELOG

Version 1.1.1.2 PRC1

- Initial version for Gunman Chronicles
- Added listenserver listing support
- Added modserver support
- Added WON2 Server Network support
- Added PingTool
- Added HLBoom protection
- Fixed transparency bug
- Fixed a number of small issues with GC

The Sierra Updater is currently not done yet, so it does not do anything at the moment.

ii. RELEASE NOTES

iia. Launching the game

To launch the game, doubleclick gunman.exe. This will activate the 'hotpatcher' to fix a number of issues with Gunman Chronicles during runtime.

iib. Activating the Enhanced GraphiCs engine (EGC)

By default, for your own convenience, EGC has been disabled. To activate, click bloom.bat, or create a shortcut to gunman.exe and add the parameter -bloom.

To disable EGC, create a shortcut to gunman.exe and add the parameter -nobloom or doubleclick nobloom.bat.

While in-game you can control the amount of bloom used by pushing F1. Each time you push this button the bloom intensity will be set to higher or lower (five levels available). F1 also brings up the EGC menu where you can choose to quit playing.

IMPORTANT: EGC requires a videocard supporting pixel-shaders and atleast with 128 MB, in order to keep playing Half-Life smoothly at 1024x768. A nVidia GeForce 5600 Series or ATI Radeon 9600 Series videocard, or better, is recommended.

iic. Transparency Fix

By default, the transparency fix (to remove the 'blue' around models) is enabled. If you wish to disable it, doubleclick hlds.bat.

iid. Launching a listen server

Launch Gunman Chronicles by clicking gunman.exe. Then, go to Internet Games and click Create Game. After launching your server should be listed at the WON2 Masterservers. If this isn't the case, type heartbeat in console.

IMPORTANT: Direct3D or OpenGL mode is required in order to list the listen server.

iie. Launching a dedicated server

Add the parameter -hlds to the shortcut to gunman.exe, or doubleclick hlds.bat. This will prepare your installation to launch a dedicated server.

iii. SUPPORT

For any support questions, bugreports, tips or any other feedback, please refer to our Support section or Forums available at http://www.steamlessproject.nl or send a mail to ben5015se.totalownage at gmail dot com.

[size=18]Where to Download[/size]

Update: Released, see Project section

What to expect in the next RC:
1. Working updater
2. Half-life links (can join a server from a link in a web browser hl://ip:port)
3. Gunman Chronicals movie converter
Still being updated

For everyone elses information

the half-life and counter strike final 1.1.1.2 patch is almost done, after the gunman final is out the half-life and counter-strike patch will be out soon after. If what im thinking is right the half-life 1.1.1.2 final patch will be released within the next 2 weeks.
piss.
ben5015se
Former Team Member

Re: Gunman Chronicals 1.1.1.2 patch RC 1

Postby spuddy2000 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 am

Where can I download the patch I brought Gunman Chronicles when it can out and would love to play the steam version with updates graphics.

Can anybody help me.
spuddy2000

Postby rguest » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:18 am

I think you're a bit mistaken. We don't have anything to do with Steam. I don't know of any Steam version with updated graphics; the above patch simply updated engine components (and my advice is to just copy the rewolf folder to a regular Half-Life install. It's a mod; you can run it on a newer engine by treating it like one).
Team webpage: team.steamlessproject.org/rguest
Current project: Find job, stockpile ammo for <strike>impending</strike>realized economic collapse.
rguest
Development Team

Postby spuddy2000 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:22 pm

rguest, sorry I mean the steamless patch you guys released for for Gunman Chronicals i.e. the 1.1.1.2 RC1 patch.
I already have the steam conversion and want to "de-steam it"
Will your patch just run Gunman on a non-steam server?

Sorry for the dumbness but I'm just a newbeee :roll: :roll:
spuddy2000

Postby rguest » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:12 pm

I don't follow. I don't know of any Steam version and there's not one listed in the Steam store. Do you mean you copied GC into a Steam Half-Life install? If so, you just need to copy the mod into a WON Half-Life install and it is de-steamed.

The GC patch is intended only for people who do NOT have a copy of Half-Life. It ups the engine that comes with the game to one in line with what we use here. If you already have a regular ol' copy of Half-Life, copy the rewolf directory into it. It's a better solution all around (though it means no intro video)
Team webpage: team.steamlessproject.org/rguest
Current project: Find job, stockpile ammo for <strike>impending</strike>realized economic collapse.
rguest
Development Team

Return to Pre-Releases & Betas